Monday, October 26, 2009

Kissy Kissy

OK, Lets start with the basics. Kissing. I want to know about your first kiss.

Here's my story:

I was twenty before I had my first kiss. I mean, I had the usual truth or dare, kissy kissy with the neighbour kids when I was young, but my first real kiss didn't happen until college.

He was beautiful, right out of a Jane Austen novel, lets call him Paris. Now Paris didn't have much in the personality department, buthe was a nice guy. One night, Paris came over to my dorm room to help me with an arts and craft project, and to watch a movie. I can't remember the movie, but I remember the arts and craft project, naughty coasters with pictures from erotic Greek pottery. (Too obvious?) Hey, it worked.

Afterwards, Paris returned to his dorm room, and that was that, I didn't call, he didn't call, it just didn't seem worth pursuing. Again, nice guy, but not much there.

We did end up making out a year later as well. He was giving me a backrub during a movie and it seemed a natural progression, especially after the boxes of wine we had drunk. Of course, it’s me, so what happened? Right as we were getting comfy on the couch, my mother called. Again, we said we would call each other, but neither of us really wanted to.

I remember calling a friend at home and telling her how excited I was that I had my first kiss, but that I didn't really care if he called or anything came of it. She immediately jumped down my throat that she couldn't believe that I could kiss anyone I didn't respect or wasn't crazy about. What do you think?

I think it was a nice situation, no pressure, just a nice moment. Paris was at heart a good guy, I wasn't interested enough to try to have a relationship with him, but if I was, I don't think we would have even gotten to the kissing stage. No, Paris was a good first kiss. He was everything I wanted and needed in it.

All in all, Paris' kisses, 8 out of 10.

What’s your story? Tell me about your first kiss.

Athena

No comments:

Post a Comment