Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The cycle

I am hopeless at this whole relationship stuff. I meet someone I like, and I think, hey, this is a nice eligible guy, why would he not like me as well? I live in an endless cycle of unrequited desire and love.

Last year at this time, I met a nice guy, hit it off, it seemed like it could have really worked and been something great. He was single, I was single, we got along, had everything in common, but nothing ever happened. I guess he liked my friend instead, when she refused him, he threw us both over and began dating someone else.

I met another guy, so sweet, so nice, got along even better with him...he was married.

I met another guy, a co-worker, and again, so right. Laughing, drinking, having a blast together. Someone I could seem myself settling down with, unfortunately, I was a few months too late, he had gotten engaged a month before I met him, and is now settled with someone else.

This is the endless cycle, I am doomed to repeat.

But maybe this time will be different, maybe this time it will all work out! Lets be honest, if I think any differently, or take a less optimistic mindset I may as well just crawl into a hole and stay there, because what would be the point? No being optimistic is my only option, I may keep getting beaten down but I am sticking to it, something is bound to happen if I keep at it, right?

1 comment:

  1. i, like your attitude, but i wonder what this person i heard about on NPR, named todd kashdan, author of 'curious?' would have to say in response to this post. he is a positive psychologist who does not regurgitate the usual happy-happy-crap, that many other positive psychologists do.

    his shtick is that curiousity, plays a huge role in maintaining 'mindfulness' which is a rather new concept to me, that i don't know much about. (you can enlighten us!)

    i read his book 'curious?' recently, but wasn't thinking about it with respect to the topics and issues you raise here on your blog (virginity).

    that is all i have to add byway of comment to this post!

    ReplyDelete